The Gardens of Ninfa
"Here is Ninfa, here are the fabulous ruins of a city that with its walls, towers, churches, convents and inhabited areas is almost submerged in the swamp, buried under the thick ivy. This position is more beautiful than Pompeii itself..."
Today the Garden of Ninfa is a natural monument of the Italian Republic located in the territory of the municipality of Cisterna di Latina, on the border with Norma and Sermoneta. It is a typical English garden, started by Gelasio Caetani in 1921, in the area of the disappeared medieval city of Ninfa, of which only a few ruins remain, some of which have been restored during the creation of the beautiful garden.